GMHC JOB DESCRIPTION FOR
FLSA Classification: Revision Date:
Non-exempt, Full-time employee. 3 November 2020
Standard days and hours of work are M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Chief Operations Officer.
The administrative assistant is responsible for assisting the Chief Operations Officer in a variety of duties.
1. Performs various administrative functions, specifically:
- Answer phones and greet visitors
- Schedule appointments and maintain calendars
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
- Collate and distribute mail
- Prepare communications, such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Write and edit documents from letters to reports and instructional documents
- Create and maintain filing systems, both electronic and physical
2. Provides Administrative support to the Executive Team
- Responsible for Board minutes
- Prepares and e-mails Board packets
- Make copies of Board materials for Board meetings
Be able to sit, stand, and work in uncomfortable conditions for short amount of time, as well as able to lift 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; bend; lift, kneel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel to other locations is expected for this position.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
A high school diploma or GED is required.
Associates degree preferred, with a minimum
Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Ability to pass an employment drug screen.
Computer Skills, including Office 365, QuickBooks (or equivalent).
Good oral and written communication skills; self-starter; great organizational skills; and time-management capabilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Rather, these duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time, with or without notice.