Full-Time Dental Hygienist Needed at Our Potosi Dental Clinic
Starting Salary – $60K per year
Dental Hygienist Job Description
· Current registration and valid license to practice dental hygiene in the state of Missouri.
· Excellent knowledge of accepted dental practices.
· Ability to function well in a fast-paced, team environment.
· Stay up to date with Missouri continuing education requirements
· Prepare the treatment room for incoming patients while adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
· Review medical history and document in patient chart.
· Prepare the patient for dental hygiene treatment.
· Educate and instruct patients of all ages regarding proper dental hygiene care.
· Follow protocols to ensure appropriate room cleaning and disinfection
· Follow protocols to ensure appropriate sterilization of instruments.
· Perform dental prophylaxis and periodontal procedures by cleaning stains and deposits from the teeth and beneath gingival margins.
· Performs clinical examination of teeth and surrounding tissues including oral cancer screening, charting conditions of decay and disease, existing restorations and conditions, periodontal charting, etc, for evaluation and diagnosis by a dentist.
· Applying fluoride and other caries-preventing agents.
· Educate and prepare patient for treatment procedures performed by the dentist.
· Take appropriate radiographs as prescribed by treating dentist.
· Work as part of a team to complete tasks to provide quality patient care as a whole.
· Other duties as assigned
You may drop off your resume and application with one of our friendly staff members or mail to:
Great Mines Health Center
#1 Southtowne Drive
Potosi, MO 63664