Exempt, Full-time employee (Potosi).
Standard days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5 P.M.
The front office manager is responsible for managing the medical front office (including medical records staff); ensuring the compliance/accuracy of the clinic’s sliding scale for medical patients; and assisting with scheduling/patient care billing for providers.
- Maintain employee schedules for medical front office staff.
- Provides professional and knowledgeable information to the patient by answering questions and request.
- Maintains patients’ confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Knowledge of EMR by charting and documenting in the patient’s record.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection control policies and procedures.
- Provide weekly reports regarding no-shows, cancellations to the COO.
- Provide periodic reports for co-pays, balance, appointment reminders, staff meetings, slide audit reports to the COO.
- Coordinate with COO regarding the dismissal of patients of GMHC.
- Operate a variety of standard office machines, including a personal computer and a variety of computer software, phone, fax, calculator, shredding machine and photocopy machine.
- Order and maintain relevant office supplies for effectiveness of the front office duties.
- Backup for any position in the front office.
- Maintain petty cash and logs. Performs monthly random audit of petty cash, drawers, and change bag.
- Train, supervise and support office staff.
- Responsible for approving employee’s payroll, vacation, etc.
- Allocate all patients payments within Aprima on a monthly basis.
- Work with Quality to schedule patients for well visits on a timely basis.
- Backup for Accounts Payable representative for daily deposits and A/P.
- Backup for Behavior Health in scheduling and PA
- Back up to assist in medical records when manager is out. (Will not perform manager duties just assist in work flow).
- Management of Potosi Front Office and Farmington Front Office.
- Attends any management team meeting assigned by CEO/COO.
- Responsible to notify staff of any changes or request made by CEO/COO.
- Required to attend management training assigned by COO
- Backup to specialty referrals.
- Responsible for verifying patient refunds by either applying to balance or issuing credit. (COO/CEO must approve any refunds to patients before sending to North American.
- Responsible for entering charges for Missed Appointment fees into EMR.
- Performs duties which include bending, stooping, reaching, sitting, or standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift in access of 25lbs or greater.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Project Management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Travel to other facility locations (e.g,. Farmington) is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
A high school diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in appropriate major is preferred. The Front Office Manager will have to demonstrate experience and knowledge of medical records, physician/clinic front office operations, managing staff, and intimate knowledge of sliding scale for federally-qualified health centers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.