- The Physician should be a graduate of an Accredited School of Medicine, currently licensed by the State Board of Medical Examiners. Must have and maintain a DEA license with no restrictions. Prefer 1-2 years of Family/General Practice. Rural health experience a plus!
- Knowledge of computerized information systems used in business applications and clinical management systems (EMR).
- Knowledge of current principles, methods and procedures for the delivery of medical evaluation, diagnosis and treatment. Accreditation and certification requirements and the ability to maintain all appropriate licenses. Urgent and occupational medicine fields.
- Must have a strong understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations including the requirements of the HIPAA and OSHA and state rules and regulations pertinent to medical practices.
- Ability to perform duties in accordance with the customary rules of ethics and conduct of the applicable State Board of Medicine and other such regulating bodies. Maintain quality, safety, and infection control standards per the clinical policies, procedures, and protocols.
- The Physician will provide and manage direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment. Performs therapeutic procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, managing infection, and wound care. Documenting/Charting patient information in line with current policies and procedures.
- Develops and implements patient management plans, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. Communicates with patients regarding testing results, follow-up care, and additional information. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions. Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established policies, procedures, objectives, and recommended referral practices. Assists the CorporateCare division of MedExpress and pathways associated therewith. Participates in facility in-services, required staff meetings, and other clinic operations procedures.
- Orders diagnostic tests, such as x-ray, electrocardiogram, and laboratory tests, and interpret test results for deviation from normal. Orientation and training of new practitioners when necessary. Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of nursing and support staff as required.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Coverage at No Cost
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- 4 Days of Continuing Medical Education (CME) with reimbursement allowance
- Professional Fees Paid by GMHC
- Malpractice Insurance Paid 100% by GMHC
- 40 Clinical Hours Per Week (4 days/week)
- Loan Repayment Through National Health Service Crops if available and qualified
If you are looking for a truly great place to work, please contact Greg Roeback, CEO at 573-438-8359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to apply online or print an application from our website.
You may drop off your resume and application with one of our friendly staff members or mail to :
Great Mines Health Center
#1 Southtowne Drive
Potosi, MO 63664